The State of Maryland in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been systematically updating Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) for communities over the past several years. This site is designed to guide homeowners/renters as well as communities through the process of determining their current flood risk as well as future flood risk based on the preliminary Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRMs).
The DFIRMs are digitally converted flood insurance rates maps that will be compatible with GIS (Geographic Information Systems). The improvements in spatial accuracy provided by the new base map, and the availability of electronic floodplain information should greatly enhance the ability to use the maps for planning, permitting, and insurance applications.
Researching Your Future Flood Risk
The DFIRMs are being released on a community by community basis. It is important to investigate your flood risk status and contact your insurance agent to make necessay modifications to your coverage while the maps are still preliminary. The digital files will be available when these maps become effective.
Using This Website
To use this website we recommend starting with your area of interest. If you are a homeowner, please visit the HomeOwners/Tenants section. If you are interested in an entire community, please visit the Communities section.
To use this website we recommend using a high-speed internet connection using Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0. Additionally, Adobe PDF Reader 9.0 and Adobe Flash Player 10.0 are required. The resolution of your monitor is also important; make sure your resolution is 1024 x 768 or above.
- Baltimore County - November 2012: Coastal
- Baltimore City - November 2012: Coastal
- Caroline - August 2013: Riverine/Coastal
- Worcester - September 2013: Riverine/Coastal
- Calvert - March 2013: Coastal
- Somerset - March 2013: Coastal
- St. Mary's - March 2013: Coastal
- Anne Arundel - May 2013: Coastal
- Dorchester - May 2013: Coastal
- Cecil - July 2013: Riverine
- Talbot - August 2013: Riverine
- Charles - September 2013: Riverine
- Garrett - October 2013: Riverine
- Howard - November 2013: Riverine
- Carroll - January 2014: Riverine
- Kent - July 2014: Riverine/Coastal