Navigating the Flood Risk Process
Retreive Your Preliminary DFIRM
Note: Finding your DFIRM is part of the Determine Flood Status tool workflow
To complete this step you must view the official, preliminary Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRM).
Although you haved reviewed your flood risk with the new DFIRM data inside the
Flood Risk Application it is very important you view the official, regulatory
DFIRM (PDF); it is important that you save this file since it will become the
official regulatory document.
To view the preliminary DFIRM for your area please follow these steps:
Viewing Your Preliminary DFIRM
- Select the following link in the 'Flood Determination Results' window:
- The preliminary DFIRM (PDF) for your area will display
- Using the PDF Viewers navigation tools, zoom into your location
- Once you have zoomed-in on your location, we recommend making a print for your records. From inside the PDF window, select 'ALT-PRINT SCREEN' on your keyboard. Then open Microsoft Word (or a similiar program) and select 'Edit | Paste' or 'CNTL-V' on your keyboard.
- Save and/or Print document containing your print screen.
- Review the preliminary DFIRM (PDF) to determine if you are inside or outside of the floodplain.